Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rejected and Ejected

Last night I gave you
3 roses for three special words
And a kiss for a warm night
As you sleep off your light

You kept the rose
And I was touched
But then I found, it was bashed
In your special vase labeled “trash”

The warm kiss
I so did enjoy
But then I never felt
So much hair before
I found out later
I kissed your dog named Roy

I have never been late
On any of our dates
But hours rushed pass
And the food I ordered
Forcibly, I ate

Your excuse is “sorry I forgot”
– A bout you, you little rat
Can’t you take a hint?
And leave before I get my bat!

When we are walking together
It’s as if I’m a monster
A ghoul, a stranger or
Worst, someone even a sheet of paper could cover

I gave you a stuffed toy
To remind you of me
Then you laugh so incessantly...
I never knew why until
Your friend reminded me
the toy I gave was a monkey.

I wrote you love letters
On scented stationeries
At last you respond
But on a sheet of crumpled toilet paper
Saying you hate me.

For me, getting a girl…
Is never automatic
Falling in love
Can sometimes be frantic
Or maybe my face is just that traumatic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home