Saturday, July 08, 2006

I grow up

Your hands were busy through the day,
You didn't have much time to play,
The little games I asked you to.
I'd bring my teddy bear
and ask you please to share my fun.
you'd always say "A little later son."
these words broke my heart.
And through the years we've grown apart.
You'd tuck me in all safe at night
And hear my prayers turn off the light.
you'd tiptoe softly to the door.
I wished you'd stayed a minute more.
late hour through the night
I hear you working 'till dark breaks to light.
times we've spent now are gone.
I hear you're footsteps from afar.
I wished you'd come,
Before I had gone...
My teddy bears are put away,
no prayers to hear, or games to play...
No longer at your side, no kisses or hugs goodnight
I wish I could
Go back and be
with the person who I see
As my mentor and hero...
and the greatest dad I could only wish to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home