Wednesday, May 10, 2006

the game

I never thought that I had missed it...

It's been a while since I last played the game. A few months back I thought the early morning habit died out. I had never played since then. I never got the chance. But this afternoon, I have had the pleasure of feeling the thrill again... The sweet sound of the string music soothes the ears. it feels as though every time you release and it hits the net, it creates a music so powerful it draws you in.

I have missed it... I never thought I loved the game this much. But I realized that I did when at long last I had held it again. every ounce of sweat I was ready to pour out... every ounce of strength I was willing to give... every crash and bump, every elbow and knee I was willing to take...

I played 'till the sun shone no more. the nicotine in my body was taking its toll on me... I feel like every breathe I was taking was my last one... But I played on... I guess I grew tired of just watching and decided I wanted to score the winning goal...

I had the chance, I took it, lived it... I was ready to go home and bring my game again... I was rusty... I sucked... But that didn't stop me from loving the game... life I guess isn't always work and shit... you had to find the right blend of spice to make it worth living... and as another morning comes I look forward to work and the game later on in the afternoon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home