Tuesday, May 09, 2006

drunk in the middle of the night and in the middle of some far-flung region of what I thought was still manila... the chase was on... my mind raced through and around the corner - barely braking... the pedal was backed up against the floor of the old tin that was threatening to break and fall apart... No... I did not care that I thought we were going to die because of this stupidity... I cared less for the person sitting beside me... he was drunk and I wanted, so badly, to push him out and leave him there - in the middle of the highway... the traffic was light and I thanked God for that... at least my mind could work a little more properly knowing that there was a lot less cars to bump and more of the road to swerve...

I wanted to hurl... I didn't... I convinced myself not to... for the lawyers back home, that was evidence... I didn't want to be on the spotlight... and I most certainly did not want to clean the car....

I had blurted out a while back something barely audible.... something about the friends i had back home... and how I wished I wouldn't have to go back... But I wanted to...
the warmth of the night lulled me... trying its best to make me sleep...
I was home not a moment too soon... I was home... I left the junk out of the garage... It's been a long night... I'm tired, I'm sleepy,... I'm drunk....

I guess I just desperately wanted to dream... just to get out of here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home